Saturday, August 18, 2018

Forward Momentum

Science was not my strong suit. While I really enjoyed it, I just struggled to grasp it as easily as I grasped other things, like words and writing 😆 But I do see science around me all the time.  Have you ever tried to stop something with a lot of momentum? A pool ball after being struck, a baseball bat mid-swing, maybe a dog after that squirrel. And have you ever tried to start something to move alone? Like your car out of the road when it won't start? The kid's play equipment you are SO sick of mowing around. Setting something in motion takes a lot of effort, but stopping something with forward momentum can be quite difficult.

.  See the source image

That's a great way to look at the trials in our lives. I will be the first to openly admit that the last week, I had several days where I felt like how much more can I handle? How do I know what a mental breakdown will feel like?  Maybe it'll be nice, I don't think they make you take care of other patients in Generose... But then I realize, that it is always much harder to start again if you have already started.  I'm well known for saying, "no, let's just get it done." when asked if I need to take a break from a task.  Because I know that if I go sit down and rest and my muscles and energy levels cool down, then so does my momentum and my drive.  This is a fine line. You can't just waste all of your energy trying to do things in a hurry. Because things done in a hurry are rarely done right.

Jeremiah's health is like that.  He's been receiving steroids since we went to the ER.  A dose each day.  And will tomorrow as well.  They seem to be helping. He reports better vision and tonight I made him push the kids in the stroller around the block.  Man, was that hard! Also a fine line between pushing yourself a little further for betterment and overdoing it! After he nearly fell down the porch twice he was excited to do something normal for the first time in a long time.

If you have talked to him in person recently, chances are he said something that didn't seem entirely right or maybe a little off.  He's still not having a ton of luck with his memory issues. Cognitively words still escape him.  He told me the meteorologist he saw in the ER made notes in his file! ha!  At least he knew that was the wrong word! His speech patterns have improved, but certain sounds put together are still hard.  He is improving on the "drunk tests" some, which is encouraging!  

We feel your prayers.  And your support.  We try to answer each message, comment, share.  Please have patience with me, I'm REALLY behind! :) I encourage you all to pray for someone you do not know as well. Pray for someone in a similar situation to you, or us, or maybe something you don't think you can handle.  So many people in our lives feel so alone.  For whatever reason.  We may not know what their struggles are, but that does not mean we can not pray for them.  Because with 7.6 BILLION people in this world, I promise, no one is alone.  

See the source image

6 comments:

  1. I love love love reading your blogs! I am still thinking of your family non-stop and praying !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill!! I'm really enjoying the blog more than I expected :D

      Delete
  2. So glad the steroids are helping Jeremiah! That he could push the kids around the block in their stroller is pretty amazing considering the slide he’s been on! Most of my prayers will continue to go to Jeremiah (along with you and the kids, of course) but will also pray for others that I don’t know as you suggested...everybody needs someone to care.
    Thanks for sharing more of your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perseverance is woven into the fabric of your loving soul! For now there will be a continuation of next steps, next day, next week, and next hug and talk! I’ll keep my prayers focused on you and your dear family! This is a Quest as you an Jeremiah are seeking answers to known questions and other questions that haven’t come around, yet! Continue, too, finding your personal time with Him seeking comfort, love, and His Grace during this moment for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, you are so good with words! Have you considered writing?!

      Delete